Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Wednesday 27 October 2010

No Mojo Day!

So I figure it is important for prosperity to also record the days when the funk just takes over! Whenever I have been following other people's blogs and they appear to have endless capacity for training, mental toughness and more energy than a duracell bunny, I always breathe a sigh of relief when they admit to having a day when mojo seems to have taken the day off! Yesterday was one such day. It was always going to be tough to keep my running up whilst swimming to such an extent and bar this week I have managed to run three times a week which is at least ticking things over. So yesterday I was supposed to do 5miles at lunch. As I normally swim at lunch to make up the distance this meant I'd have to swim in the morning instead, run at lunch and then complete the distance by swimming in the evening.

Lunchtime came and I just couldn't make myself hit the gym! I was probably tired from getting up a bit early to swim in the morning and the rainy weather certainly wasn't helping. So I got in the car, drove to Tesco Express and bought an Options Belgian Hot Chocolate, Squirty Cream and a magazine! Spent lunchtime trying to stop myself squirting all the cream directly into my mouth and reading Marie Claire!

It was great at the time but to be honest didn't make me feel any better about myself nor reinvigorate me for my evening training session so I think the take home message is that I should have probably forced myself to the gym which would have at least stopped me feeling sluggish all afternoon. In the evening I had to hit the travel agents to book our holiday (14days in Cuba next month - I am SO excited) which put enough of a spring in my step to get me to the pool to finish off the set. That and feeling weighed down by copious amounts of squirty cream which definitely required burning off!!

3 comments:

  1. I know how it feels not to do something that I'd planned to do - it is like a bad after taste... On the other hand, when I feel like not doing something and then by sheer force & commitment I do it - there is then such a strong sense of satisfaction, feeling good about myself, that afterwards I can do even more things and with better effect - you feel like you can conquer the world...

    So, yes, Rachel, you're right, you should have pushed yourself to stick to the schedule. You CAN do IT! I believe in you. And although I love hot chocolate & ice-cream myself (anytime, anyday), you have have them too I guess, as long they don't interfere with you goal.

    By the way, THANK YOU, Rachel. Thanks to you I got inspired and learnt how do a blog (never done that before, this is my first blog message and I probably wouldn't have done that for a long time if it was for You. So, keep up a good work - you & your goal means a lot to me and to lots of people. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Izabella - I really appreciate your comments. Knowing there are people out there who are supporting me and who believe in me helps me to keep going when some of the sessions are long or tough or I am tired. If I am lucky enough to complete the challenge next August I know it will be partly due to all the wonderful support that Herbalife and their wonderful distributors have shown me. Having such a great sponsor is a true blessing! Really hope the blogging goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean by saying "if I am lucky", Rachael? Of course YOU WILL COMPLETE!!!

    You've got everything on your side: the best products in the world to give you strength and stamina; you have people supporting you and finally & most importantly, you have yourself - and your achievements so far speak for themselves - you are GREAT and YOU CAN DO IT!

    So, relax, don't get the pressure affect you and don't lose the joy of doing this axtraordinary challenge. Love the challenge, enjoy every minute of the training, no matter how hard it gets and have fun writing about your progress. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete