Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Monday 25 July 2011

BBC Lincolnshire....

Today I went to do an interview on the Breakfast show of BBC Lincolnshire. It was another great opportunity to publicise the challenge and the charities. The media machine is kicking in and I am glad I have someone now to organise it all for me as I have other things to concentrate on!

Brilliantly P&O ferries have agreed to give my crew and support vehicle free passage across the Channel which is fabulous and every little bit helps to reduce the cost of the challenge.

Training wise, we went over to the coast first thing on Saturday morning to get a 2hr swim in but the waves were manic and it would have been too dangerous to swim so we just enjoyed walking the dog up and down the beach and playing with her in the breakers like a normal couple! It has been weird enjoying weekends like 'normal' people may do, shopping, visiting friends, cleaning the house - all the exciting things! Anyway, that left me with a 2hr pool swim to do which I enjoyed - I broke it down into a proper multi-stroke conditioning session the same as I would have done normally when I was a 'proper' swimmer and not just an endurance plodder! On Sunday I got a two hour run in which will probably be my last 'long' run now before the event. I have been having a little bit of stiffness in my ankle which was bothering me a bit but I'll get Sid at the Lincoln Sports Injury Clinic to have a look for me. They have been a massive help in keeping me in top shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment