Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Sunday 26 June 2011

Role Reversal....

So after Ad's fabulous support yesterday, it was my turn today to be chief crew. Adam was playing in his golf club's annual Club Championships and I had the job of making him a little picnic after the first 18 holes. It was nice to be able to look after him for a change and I have just finished cleaning the house, sorting the washing, ironing him a work shirt for tomorrow and preparing our lunches!! I feel I've in some way repayed the help and support he gave me yesterday! :) I think this is the only difficulty in being a worker, partner, friend etc aswell as trying to do the challenge in that, life still goes on. Whereas a professional athlete gets time off after big sessions to sleep, eat correctly and generally not give themselves any stress, I have to work, clean, look after the dog, be a partner to Adam, not totally neglect my friends and family, cook meals, do the shopping etc etc. It is something I must be totally mindful of in the final sessions before the A2A. The house can wait for a few weeks, I need to relax and get focused for the challenge ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment