Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Wednesday 24 February 2010

NFTR

...Nothing Further to Report. An acronym used in military parlance but that aptly describes this week. Training has been going quite well - a weights session and 3hr run on Monday followed by a 75min swim and 2hr bike yesterday so some consistent work completed. I am racing on Sunday in the Sleaford Half Marathon so will use that as a tempo run and make my session today a short tempo run instead. Then intervals thursday plus a couple more bike and swim sessions and a good week completed!

Weight is slowly coming off - I have lost 1/2 a stone to date and I now sitting around 10st 8lbs. Still have 8lbs to go to make weight race but that will come off when I start with the long long session post marathon! The marathon is a difficult one. Training is going well and I think I could be close to the 4hr mark. However, I would have to push myself to the absolute limit to make sub-4hrs and that will probably impact on my training post the mara. I really want to be able to get straight back into biking and swimming, at least, from the following Tuesday morn. I think I could probably do sub-4.15 'comfortably' or as comfortably as these things could be but, if this is going to be my last marathon 'race' for a while will I be happy with that and can I put the sub-4 dream behind me? Another option is to target a late-autumn marathon and is the Abingdon marathon still has slots when I get paid in March - I may well go for that. Though again I won't exactly be marathon fit - endurance will be there but speed will have diminshed with all the loooooong miles. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment