Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Thursday 11 February 2010

Meeting the Sponsor!

So there is, as always seems to be the case, a lot to catch up on! On 28 Jan we headed down to Herbalife to meet with the team there and to do some publicity shots. Adam came with me and it was great to finally put names to faces and have a chance to offer some thanks for the great support that Herbalife are offering me - I absolutely couldn't do it without them. Unfortunately Neil was unavailable at the time - he is a very busy guy! Instead I met with Julian Cacchioli (VP for Corporate Communications) and Gavin Aley (Director Sales, Strategy and Service for the UK and Irish Market). Both were extremely welcoming and enthusiastic about the challenge. I feel extremely supported and like I have the best possible people on my side. They explained the history of Herbalife to me and it is obvious they both feel passionately about the company and the products it delivers. Neil had stressed how important it was to me that I would actually utilise the products when I first signed my contract with them and now I understand why. Herbalife actually wants its sportspeople to be ambassadors for the brand and believe in the products which they couldn't do if they didn't work for them. Happily, I believe strongly in them and am certainly getting through my fair share!! The Formula 1 shakes support my recovery every day and they certainly taste better than any other recovery product (maybe, at a push, bar strawberry milkshake!) I have ever used.

I also had my modelling moment with the photographer. We set up some publicity shots using the products and also headed to the local park for some action shots. It's at times like this when I must remember not to bring Adam to stuff as he spent the entire time taking the mick out of my running action! He says I stick my elbows out - hmmm, we can't all be perfect POSE runners can we! With a parting gift of lunch out and a snuggly Herbalife fleece for us both, we were on our way for Part 2 of our long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment