Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Friday 31 July 2009

Support.....

I'm still on the (sponsorship) campaign trail and, as noted, it is so disheartening when people don't even respond. On return from holiday I started to work through my Sky Plus-ing and watched the coverage of the ultra-distance Jungle Marathon. One team battling the spiders, jaguars, snakes and piranha was Schroders, headed up by Julian Winser. They did such a fantastic job and with a military connection I hoped they might be able to contribute to the pot. I hunted down Julian's email and sent him my proposal which he replied to within a few hours. Unfortunately they are restricted to on-island sponsorship (they are based in Guernsey) but Julian was so supportive of the challenge itself and will propose a charity donation instead. It was absoloutely wonderful just to have someone reply and validate that the challenge is a good one and what I am attempting to do is worthwhile. So, if Julian does visit this page, a big "Thank you", you made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment