Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Tuesday 4 August 2009

Back to training....

Having had a reasonably relaxed time at home in France with only three run sessions and a relaxed 1km swim in a beautiful lake we found it was time to get back to some structured training. And I was really looking forward to getting back to it. Monday found me on the spin bike doing a short muscular endurance session followed by weights. I followed this with a swim at lunch. That was very hard! You lose the 'feel' for the water so quickly, even quicker than run fitness. I did a main set of 2 x 800m at 70% effort and 85% effort resulting in times of 14.48 and 13.54. Slower than I would expect but the pool was very busy and the choppiness of the water won't have helped times. Though it is good for Channel training!

The return to training also saw me receive an email from Guy at Blue Seventy offering to help me with a reduction in kit costs which is fabulous news and means I can get some proper goggles now instead of my ancient ones. And this evening Selaine at Less Bounce replied offering to support me with training kit. They provided sports bras and swimwear so that is fabulous news. They have also been working with Help for Heroes and have even produced a Help for Heroes sports bra which looks fabulous.

Training today consisted of a build up run to prepare me for tempo running in the weeks to come. The main set was 6 sets of 4mins @ tempo plus 1 min jog recovery. I am enjoying running at the moment which is something of a revelation!

No comments:

Post a Comment