Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Friday 14 August 2009

Deposit...Done!

In the words of a certain Mr Ramsey, I have finally acquired the right amount of sponsorship to at least allow me to confirm my place with Enduroman. The contract has been signed and posted today and I will pay the deposit to them this evening. No turning back!! I am always amazed by how easy these things are to enter. The first time I entered an Ironman I was sure some alarm would start ringing indicating my amateurship status or I would, at the very least, receive some polite but firm emailing along the lines of, "Thank you for your interest in Ironman Germany, However, we have some concerns about your ability to complete this challenge........". And now it appears I can enter a challenge that is beyond even my comprehension with just an A4 document and a hyperlink!

The possibility to confirm my place with Enduroman was facilitated by the wonderful Sue Concannon at the Halifax bank whom I contacted to ask for sponsorship. Sue explained that she couldn't make a decision on sponsorship herself as it was co-ordinated at Group level. However, she thought the challenge was impressive enough to donate £100 personally to help me fund it. She has also agreed to pass on the Just Giving information to her colleagues. For this support, I am extremely grateful. It makes it all the more touching that it was donated at a personal level. With this money and the fantastic £500 donated through David Thomlinson at Accenture I can finally confirm the place. Now I just need the next £250 to confirm my place with the boat pilot!

I also received a selection of sports bras from Selaine at Less Bounce and my favourite Shock Absorber (now in a nifty shade of pink!) was put through its paces on an 8mile run today. Selaine has been so helpful and I hope I can reciprocate in some way. She has sent posters demonstrating the new Help for Heroes crop tops that are now available for purchase and I am going to circulate those to all our gyms to hopefully get her some free marketing.

I am waiting out on a few other sponsorship leads but still need a key sponsor to decide to support the challenge. Fingers crossed something will get sorted over the next few weeks as Adam is getting fed up with my constant emailing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment