Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Thursday 30 July 2009

Sponsorship

So in the last week since I wrote I have been emailing everyone I can possibly think of who might be able to provide some sponsorship to support this challenge. Enduroman advises that you will probably need a pot of around £5000 to complete the challenge including their fee and that of the boat pilot who guides you safely across the Channel. So far not much luck. It is more depressing actually to receive no response that to receive a negative one. At least that way I know the email has been read and people have made a decision regarding the challenge. Thinking all my work in trying to gather sposnsorship has just been automatically binned is SO depressing.

I've been at home in France this week for a holiday with friends and family. It was fantastic, such a relaxed and chilled out time, just what was needed. I used the time to spend planning my 52week Ironman Switzerland attempt which I race on the 1st August next year. It will at least get me to a fighting fitness before I start the huge endurance build which the challenge will require. The work really starts in September at the beginning of the Base period. The next month is just going to be used to establish workout frequency and preparing for the Channel relay. Only 3weeks to go now and we are off to Dover this weekend for our first (!) and last team meeting....

No comments:

Post a Comment