Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Thursday 17 September 2009

Back in the water....

This morning saw my first foray back into the pool since the Channel relay. I am using some sessions from a different training plan than normal and it felt strange not to stick to my W'Up/Drills/Main Set/Cool Down format but it is always good to mix things up a bit and keep them fresh. Second session of the day will be in a minute - an hour tempo turbo though I do have a bit of a headache which I hope will pass before I start. I think I might have a short early evening nap tonight if I get home in time. I wish I had a job where I could have an afternoon nap between 2 and 3pm as I think it would make a massive difference to how I recover. Still, very few people have that luxury I imagine.

Friday will see another swim set and an interval session then I am going long bike and long run on Saturday and Sunday. Normally I split my long bike and run sessions as I believe otherwise the run is never done to the best of your abilities but because of being a lazy daisy in France I am now a run down so Sunday it will have to be.

Cycling will hopefully see me reach 2 hours in the saddle this weekend which will allow me to get to the stage I want to be before joining Team MK at the beginning of October. It will also allow me to get more use out of my fabulous new sunglasses provided by Colin Pickering at Bloc Systems Ltd (www.bloceyewear.com). I tried their Leopard model last weekend and really liked them. They are lightweight and provide good sun glare reduction without impacting on the clarity of vision that can occur in some models. I always find this a bit perturbing on busy roads, if I can't make out shadows and things because of the tint of the glasses but these work really well. They also have yellow and clear tints for low light and they look really good too! I may try the Stealth version this time and I'll let you know how they compare!

Basically a massive thank you to Colin for supporting the challenge. Colin also supports the Army Winter Sports programme so does a lot to help our Armed Forces and I am extremely pleased that he has chosen to support the Arch 2 Arc.

No comments:

Post a Comment