Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Happy Christmas!

After a final long run on Tues 22nd, I settled down for a few unadulterated days of rest with my family and in-laws. My parents were over from France and my sister up from Brighton whereas the Troughtons braved some rather inclement weather to head down from up north.

I had four days off training but unfortunately it wasn't as restful an experience as I would have wished. Adam was working over the Xmas period which meant I was woken at 5am every morning and didn't sleep particularly well as Adam has quite a nasty cough. This coupled with having to play the hostess resulted in me feeling pretty tired by the time the time everyone headed back to their respective homes! I still feel I haven't totally shaken off the cold and rundown feeling that has been plaguing me over the last month.

We had a fantastic Xmas and it was wonderful to spend time with all my favourite people. The Troughtons were initiated into the Cadman Christmas ways and we all ate, drank and were merry together! I started training again on the 27th with some treadmill intervals followed by 2 days of time on the turbo which is officially my least favourite pastime at the moment. It is so uncomfortable! I have been sitting in front of a successful few days of cricket which is helping to pass the time but it seems extremely difficult. To maintain an average speed of just 22km/hr (very slow!) has my HR soaring skywards! I think (hope) I maybe have the resistance too high! I have pencilled in a few Sportives and Reliability Rides over the next few months to hopefully build up my endurance and get me ready for the RAF Triathlon Camp in Lanzarote in March.

Anyway, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Stand by for resolutions in the next blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment