Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Wednesday 12 May 2010

As the time ticks on.......

Gosh, it seems such a long time since I wrote anything down but everything has just been SO busy! After my last blog Adam and I went on holiday to New York as, due to his work commitments, we won't have a summer holiday this year. It was a fantastic trip to a city that is very close to our hearts. We had our first holiday together there 2 and a half years ago and this time round it became even more memorable as Adam proposed! I am fantastically happy and so excited!

I did a little running whilst out there but was certainly feeling that April was becoming a bit of a lax month. Luckily I had just the solution! Two days after returning from New York, I flew out to Cyprus with the RAF Triathlon team for their long distance training camp. I was determined to get some quality cycling in as it has been the one area I am desperately needing miles in. Well it is safe to say that progress has been made with nearly 400miles of cycling completed over the 6 days with my longest ride being a comfortable 114miles (my longest cycle to date!). I did a 6 x 19M loop round the camp boundary and felt comfortable and as if I could easily manage another one or even two laps without it being too much of a burden. I did a 20min run off the bike which was extremely interesting! Whilst cycling was a joy in the warm weather, running was absoutely not! It was hard to get any proper run training in so I settled for a run off that long bike and a quality brick session of 2 x (38M bike, 30min run off) which went well and I was pretty happy with. A couple of open water swim sessions rounded off the camp and I came back a lot happier than I went away!

Training this week however has been back to marginal! I rest over the weekend to let the stresses of the camp be absorbed and went back to the gym on Monday to ease myself back in with a 40min run and weights. However, on doing my squats I think I have pulled my hamstring slightly and it is feeling uncomfortable even after taking yesterday and today off. I may try a swim session tomorrow and see if that helps loosen it off and then I am planning to cycle on Friday. We'll see how it goes but it isn't the best preparation for racing the Marshman + on Sunday. Whatever happens I MUST treat that as a long training session and not a race of any kind. I may even see if I can withdraw and focus on something else a bit closer to home. The extra stress of travel really can impact on things.

Well, that's a quick round up. I feel like I am quite far behind some people in terms of training volume but at least the training camp in Cyprus makes me feel I have this within my grasp. Task for the week is definitely to get some tri bars and lights - I must started getting used to things like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment