Mid-Channel....

Mid-Channel....

Sunday 3 July 2011

Hello 30s..................

Some might think that the most exciting thing to happen to me this weekend was turning 30 (!) but actually it was not having to train!! I had the most lovely weekend really, I was woken up on Friday with balloons and champagne and presents, yippee! Ad had to work but had left me with a present treasure hunt so I headed out with Heidi to find some lovely vouchers for a dinner out with my lovely fiance and a new wallet of my choice! I then hit the gym for a lovely couple of miles in the pool, followed by a coffee and some bircher muesli. When I got to the gym, for some reason I couldn't get through the barrier. I asked the receptionist and was, in return, questioned as to whether it was my birthday. I said yes and was given a voucher for a free coffee for my troubles! Not bad!! After breakfast I headed to the spa for a fabulous Elemis facial which incorporated one of those face masks that sets on your face and can be lifted off in one go - very 'Face Off!' One of the resurfacing serums did have the sensation of CS gas on the skin though which was a bit perturbing!!
Back to the house and out with the pooch again for a nice walk along the canal to the pub for a lime and soda in the sun and a quick catch up chat to my birthday sister Aleks! Then out shopping for a nice outfit for my lovely meal before settling down to watch Mr Murray begin his campaign against Nadal. Ad came home around 4.30pm and I had a nice few hours of pampering with my new gifts before I was whisked out to town for dinner. We went to The Old Bakery in Lincoln and had the tasting menu with matching wines. It was a really really lovely meal and the patron is Italian so we got a few ideas for the wedding including a fabulous sparkling peach dessert wine which was delicious! An absolutely perfect day and a fabulous start to my fourth decade!!
On Saturday we took Heidi for her first trip to the beach. It was very interesting to see Anderby Creek from the shore this time as oppose to the sea where I normally get to see it! A wonderfully warm weekend which finished off with a trip to Donny to see our friends and their beautiful new born son and to have a meal out with the in-laws. A great relaxing weekend and one I hope to have many more of in about 8 weeks time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment